Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

The weather this weekend has been mostly sunny and dry -- for a change. The temperature got into the 60s and it actually was pleasant. So we went shopping.We SHOPPED until the leaves dropped . . . the three liquid amber trees alongside the driveway drop a lot of leaves at this time of the year. Before we left to shop, all those leaves were "raked up" by means of the blower. When we returned from our errands the drive was covered again with those beautiful yellow, orange and some red leaves . . .

One dilemma of this time of the year is how to fit in genealogy work . . . I receive "Google" alerts every day on some surnames from our tree. This is a great service and is like the old "clipping" service that libraries subscribed to, well I usually keep a copy of some of the alerts and file them away for future follow up. So that is something I do for a quick task during days like the holidays. I go into my reserve and follow up on an individual or topic. The other day I examined an obituary of a HILES that I had no idea if he was a relative or not and as it turns out he is a 4th cousin and I was able to add several "leaves" to a "branch" that I had never even known. And by going forward as well I was able to "leaf" out my own personal "liquid amber" . . .

I hope you all are enjoying this holiday time and still finding the time for maybe even some quick genealogy attention.

No comments: