Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Prediction -- Rain

Just not in our area . . . all week they have predicted that Northern California would receive some rainfall -- but it did not happen in our area. Maybe next week. Water is now a real issue and restrictions are being put into place.


The above "Wordle" displays some of the jumble of genealogical things going on this past week. It has been a flurry of activity -- again.


We did celebrate Mother's Day last week in a
quiet fashion. Some calls, some visitors and a
very nice dinner.

And as soon as we finish our current reading
we have ample material to begin with new directions.

The sunshine and moderate temperatures were
appreciated.


Where I Was (45 years ago)

I happened across this picture the other day in my collection and it was odd that almost exactly 45 years to the date I was looking at it.

We were staying in the Hilton Hawaiian Towers on a ten-day visit to four different islands.

It was a fantastic trip and it still feels almost like yesterday.

The magic of the trip continued after our return.

The Search this Week



In last week's post I mentioned "finding" Rev Stacey Hiles
and a few details about his family.

I even mentioned that it would be nice to "find" some of his
descendants and maybe even communicate with them.

Well,  (thank you, Lora) I was able to "meet" and communicate with James Edward Hiles a Grandson of Stacey
and a cousin of mine.

Jim and I had a great time emailing back and forth and even talked on the phone a bit.

I look forward to learning more about his great branch. And I found it interesting that our paths may have even crossed at some point. He made several business trips to Seattle while I lived there.





To the left is a collage showing many of the pictures that I received from Jim, and a couple of items that I spotted in old newspapers.

I have found a lot of bits and pieces in the papers and will try to get them placed on the Hiles website.

I am working on updating profile photos on the website as time permits. But it sure is fun!



Lastly


I mentioned to Jim that I had purchased the sign
on the right on eBay a few years ago.

I won the bidding and now the sign hangs outside in the backyard.

Someone probably knows the origin and to what Hiles branch it belongs.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.



That is a peek at our week -- I am busily working on the "new-look" Ancestry site, it is really a nice update!   See you all in a few!






No comments: